When you think of showrooms in business, your mind probably goes to car dealerships or furniture stores. These traditional showrooms are certainly tried-and-true sales tools for brands worldwide and for good reason. When customers are able to browse the products up close or see several elements of a layout, it can prompt a buying decision.
However, there is another type of showroom that is gaining popularity in business: mobile showrooms. Not to be confused with smartphone showrooms that live on the internet, mobile showrooms are traveling displays of products that go to the customer. They can be part of a brick-and-mortar business or they can be standalone operations. On their own, a mobile showroom is certainly appealing to contemplative business owners for a multitude of reasons.
Why Invest in a Showroom Franchise?
When you think of franchising, your mind may immediately go to traditional brick-and-mortar opportunities – but there are a few franchise options with mobile showroom business models. When determining which business type is best for you, consider the benefits of a mobile showroom model.
- Expenses: Your expenses in a mobile business are significantly less than if you are located on a commercial property. You can avoid the big expenditures of rent and utilities. Plus your insurance and maintenance costs will be lower.
- Marketing: As a mobile franchise, your vehicle is a rolling advertisement for your business. Not only does it house your business, but it doubles as a traveling billboard.
- Home-based deductions: Operating your business from home allows you to capitalize on home expense deductions that you would not otherwise be able to claim with a brick-and-mortar business. You can deduct a percentage of internet fees, utilities, and even home repairs. Your accountant can review these deductions with you.
- Convenience: As a mobile franchise, you will take the product or service directly to the customer; prioritizing their convenience. It never hurts when you make it easier for people to do business with you.
- Cost efficiency: People go into business to make money. And if you want to increase your income, you need to produce more revenue or cut expenses. With a mobile franchise, your operating costs are low, and that’s always good for your margins.
- Customer experience: A mobile franchise allows you to interact with customers on a more personal level. Since you’re meeting with them at their home the conversation – and decision making process – is easier. Customers can make purchases for their home within their home, giving them more confidence.
Examples of Showroom Franchises
Many franchises employ mobile showrooms as part of their business model. Some of the more popular opportunities include pet grooming, mobile car cleaning, florists, make-up artists, and hair styling. However, the home services industry dominates the mobile franchise model.
Several home services are able to use a mobile model including window treatments, siding, water treatment systems, roofing, shutters, and flooring. In fact, flooring comes up most often in Google searches for mobile franchises which shows the depth of the mobile flooring industry. When you have several brands using this model for franchising, you know there’s something to it. The challenge becomes knowing which flooring franchise to choose.
Floor Coverings International: The Leading Mobile Franchise
Floor Coverings International is a top showroom franchise with a proven business model. Our highest-performing franchisees booked an average of nearly $3 million in gross annual revenue in 2021.
Floor Coverings International is a veteran in the mobile showroom industry. We got our start in 1988 and began franchising just one year later. Today, we have more than 220 franchises operating throughout the U.S. Our longevity in the industry has allowed us to fine-tune our franchise model to ensure the best benefit to our current and future franchisees.
We do require franchisees to pay a franchise fee of $30,000 plus a territory fee of $35,000. However, interested candidates do not need experience in flooring or home services. All our franchise owners benefit from one of the most comprehensive training and ongoing support platforms in the entire industry.
Best part? Your national support team here at Floor Coverings International will help you get your business up and running in as little as 60 days.
If you’re interested in being part of an exciting industry with a leading franchise, contact us today about our franchise opportunity.January 12, 2023