Can You Own a Construction Franchise? Here Are Your Options
Looking to own a construction franchise? There are plenty of franchise opportunities within the construction and home-building space. Learn about some of your options here.
A Vast Industry
The building industry encompasses many categories, offering a broad range of opportunities for those looking to invest in a construction franchise. A variety of franchise businesses focus on everything from planning and building new homes to maintaining, improving, or renovating existing homes. Businesses focus on jobs as large as contracting on a new build to more specialized services like garage doors or floor coverings.
Here are some popular home-building segments to consider in your search for the perfect franchise match:
- Home maintenance: Several types of franchises focus on maintenance and home repairs. A franchise in handywork allows a person with construction skills to find clients, hire employees, and advertise under the banner of a known brand. As a handyperson, you’ll take care of the fixes many homeowners don’t know how to remedy on their own or have the time for. Electricians are always needed for installation, repairs, and maintenance. Working as an electrician requires training and certification from a trade school and years of apprenticeship, but as the owner of an electrical services franchise, you can hire qualified employees while you oversee the daily operations. Harness the reputation of a known franchise to build your business and earn profits.
- Renovation: Many home-service franchises center around renovating existing homes. Bathroom and kitchen remodeling franchises refresh the most-used and quickly dated rooms in a home. Painting franchises help homeowners refresh tired rooms and add curb appeal. Closet and storage franchises create organization solutions for cluttered spaces. Window coverings like blinds and curtains revitalize rooms. Floor coverings franchises help homeowners add value to existing homes, replacing tired carpet or worn tile with new hardwood, carpet, tile, or vinyl.
- Landscaping: Businesses that improve outdoor spaces are included in this segment of the industry. New walkways and patios increase curb appeal and functionality. Landscaping a new or existing home requires planning and maintenance of plants and trees.
- Home restoration: This segment of the home-services business deals with restoring a home that’s been damaged in a fire or flood, in which any kind of catastrophic event has taken place, or there’s been severe neglect.
Choosing the Right Franchise
There are many opportunities for franchise ownership within the construction and home-building industry. How do you know which one is right for you? Here are some things to consider that will help you choose the best construction franchise for your goals:
- Brand reputation: Choosing a brand with a solid reputation and known product gives you a leg up in a competitive field.
- Training and support: Franchisors offer varying levels of training and support, helping franchisees prepare to open their new business and remain successful once open.
- Profitability: Research a franchise’s financial performance so you have an idea of whether the company has achieved consistent growth in the past.
- Financial qualifications: Learn what financial commitment will be required of you and what cash you may need to have on hand in order to buy a particular franchise.
- Growth potential: Choosing a brand with room to grow is an important consideration. Learn what territories are available and find out if the market has a need for the service.
- Franchisee satisfaction: Talking to current franchisees will tell you a lot about what it’s like to own the business, working with a franchisor, and running the daily operations. If current franchisees are happy and making money, that’s a good sign you could be, too.
Franchise with Floor Coverings International
A groundbreaking mobile flooring franchise, Floor Coverings International delivers custom flooring directly to customers’ homes. The $48 billion custom flooring industry is dominated by retail stores. As the owner of a Floor Coverings International mobile showroom, you’ll be disrupting a tired business model, bringing convenience and ease to satisfied customers.
Floor Coverings International’s reputation is growing. We have the highest customer satisfaction and loyalty rates in the industry with a 4.7 Google star rating. And it’s a simple business to own, run, and scale, so with our training and ongoing support, you’ll have the tools you need to succeed.
If you’d like to learn more about the Floor Coverings International franchise opportunity, please fill out this form to request more info. One of our franchise development reps will reach out to schedule a conversation.