Learn how to sell flooring from the experts. Flooring sales are all about creating an experience that will floor your customers. But first, you have to find them.
How to Find More Customers and Boost Your Sales
Customers are key to any business’ success. Finding them and keeping them are a huge part of growing a business toward profitability. The relationships you create with your customers should be ongoing and rewarding. The flooring industry is especially personal; you’re helping customers choose flooring products for their homes, creating more beautiful and functional spaces, while adding value to what is most people’s biggest financial asset: their house.
Here are some tips for how to find customers and boost your flooring sales:
- Network with other businesses and tradespeople. Make a list of related businesses that will help you generate leads on new customers. Local real estate agents, decorators, home inspectors, contractors, and handy people all may have leads on potential customers who will increase your future sales and profits.
- Offer incentives to anyone who passes along a referral that leads to new business. A referral fee, a gift card, or a fruit basket go a long way toward showing appreciation and solidifying relationships.
- When you get a referral from a business connection or existing customer, be sure to follow up. Taking the initiative to contact your potential new customer makes a good first impression.
- Ask existing customers for testimonials you can post to your website, social media, use in email campaigns, advertisements, or brochures.
- Toot your own horn on your website, social media accounts, email campaigns, and advertisements. Do interviews with trade publications that highlight how your flooring business stands out.
How to Sell Flooring and Create Satisfied Customers
As a flooring business owner, your goals include impressing your customers with your products and services and closing more deals. Those happy customers tell their friends how awesome your business is, garnering you more customers and more closed deals. It’s a healthy cycle of customer satisfaction leading to growth and profitability for your flooring business.
Let’s examine some steps you can take to ensure your customers have an experience they’ll want to tell all their friends about:
- Have high quality products. Show your customers you offer the best flooring options available. For example, if you owned a Floor Coverings International, your mobile showroom comes stocked with over 3,000 flooring samples that customers can view in the comfort of their living room.
- Put your customers first. Attentive customer service will ensure the customer feels heard. Build trust by following through to confirm the job was executed to their satisfaction. Floor Coverings International has the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry, leading to 50% of their business coming from customer referrals.
- Employ a strong team. As a business owner, you may need to hire a few trusted employees or lead a large group. Make sure they have the tools and expertise necessary to engage customers knowledgeably and respectfully, helping to build those long-lasting relationships that generate repeat and brand-new business.
Floor Coverings International: The Secrets of a Successful Flooring Business
Founded in 1988, the company and its visionary executive team have had years to hone trustworthy sales advice and learn from experience. They’ve developed one of the most robust training and ongoing support systems in the flooring industry. Floor Coverings International offers a unique service, where the customer comes first. Products and services are brought directly to a customer’s home, creating a positive customer experience. As a franchisee, you and your design team will work to satisfy your client’s design needs and budget, conveniently and comfortably.
The Floor Coverings International business plan includes targeted marketing to generate leads on future business, resulting in repeat business and referrals. Floor Coverings International’s franchisees have become experts in how to sell flooring through the brand’s comprehensive franchise training and support. Over the six-to-eight-week training period, you’ll learn about flooring products, marketing, and talk with existing franchisees. You’ll be totally prepared to meet your first customer with a fully outfitted Floor Coverings International mobile showroom.
Floor Coverings International is one of the most affordable franchise opportunities available. With low overhead, your work generating leads and building relationships with satisfied customers will pay off more quickly than with some other business models. If you’re ready to learn more about how to sell flooring and become part of the Floor Coverings International family, fill out a request information form today.